Bolt Energy Services
Residential and Small Commercial Natural Gas Terms Of Service
Terms of Service
This is an agreement for natural gas service between Bolt Energy LLC. and the undersigned customer This statement provides information required by the Ohio Public Utilities Commission (“PUCO”) concerning natural gas service offered by Bolt Energy to You. This Agreement shall govern both the initial and renewal term of the program defined herein. This statement incorporates the terms and conditions of service and refers to the Agreement that the Customer has with the Company. Customer will be bound by all the provision of the Agreement, as they may be amended from time to time. Bolt Energy is certified by the Ohio Public Utilities Commission to offer and supply natural gas services in Ohio as a Competitive Retail Natural Gas Service (“CRNGS”) supplier. Our PUCO Certificate Number is 18-669G. We set the natural gas prices and charges that You pay. Your Natural Gas Distribution Company (““LDC””) will deliver the natural gas to you. Your LDC may charge you a switching fee. The PUCO regulates distribution or delivery prices and services. You will continue to receive a single bill from Your LDC that will contain Your LDC’s charges, as well as Bolt Energy’s charges.
1. Billing – Your LDC will continue to issue a monthly bill which will include both Your Distribution or Delivery Charge and Your Natural Gas Charge as well as any other charges incurred in accordance with this Agreement. Bills will continue to be based on actual or estimated meter readings provided by Your LDC. Bolt Energy will use the same meter reading information from the LDC to determine Your Natural Gas Charges. Unless otherwise provided herein, your payment terms will be governed by the terms of the LDC’s tariff. If you do not pay the bill, your service may be terminated under PUCO rules and this Agreement may be terminated upon 14 days advance notice. Bolt Energy does not pay or arrange for the payment of any outstanding debts owed by you to the LDC or previous CRNGS supplier.
2. Cancellation Provisions – You may rescind this Agreement within 7 business days after the signing or receipt of this Agreement, whichever comes first, by contacting us at 800-213-2870 or in writing. You can cancel this agreement at any time, for whatever reason, for no charge. You are liable for all our charge until you return to the LDC or to another supplier.
3. Penalties, Fees and Exceptions –This Agreement automatically terminates if any of the following occurs. The requested service location is not served by the LDC or You move outside your LDC’s service area or to an area not served by Bolt Energy. If Bolt Energy returns the customer to the customer’s incumbent natural gas company’s applicable tariff service. If the customer voluntarily returns to the incumbent natural gas company after choosing Bolt, the customer may be charged a price other than the incumbent natural gas company's applicable tariff rate.
4. Rate Plan- Variable Rates change at the Company’s discretion and may be higher or lower each month based on business and market conditions. Variable Rates are set in the Company’s discretion and may vary based on numerous factors, including, the Company’s assessment of applicable market and business conditions, operation costs, historic and projected supply and hedging costs, prior meter read cycle’s pricing and balancing costs, projected customer bill amounts and Utility pricing or “price to compare” and applicable pricing reset dates and may include the following additional costs: capacity costs, transmission costs, line loss costs, RMR costs, credit costs, balancing costs, winter reliability costs, and costs associated with meeting any applicable renewable portfolio standards, and a profit margin determined in the Company’s discretion that may vary from month to month. Your Variable Rate will not include taxes, which will be assessed separately, and will not include any fees, taxes or charges directly assessed by the Utility or any other third party with the right to assess taxes or fees for the Services. Rate will be a fixed rate of for the first month and will switch to a variable rate thereafter.
5. Force Majeure – If Bolt Energy is rendered unable to perform, in whole or in part, by a Force Majeure event, its performance under this Agreement will be excused for the duration of such event. “Force Majeure” means any act or event that is beyond the reasonable control of Bolt Energy that adversely affects, interrupts, or precludes its performance. In addition, acts of other parties, including without limitation, interstate pipelines, aggregators, other CRNGSs, qualified scheduling entities, LDCs, any governmental authority, and the respective employees and agents of such parties, will also be deemed to be events of Force Majeure.
6. Bolt Energy Dispute Procedures – You may contact us with any questions concerning our Terms of Service. If your complaint is not resolved after you have called Bolt Energy, or for general utility information, customers may contact the PUCO for assistance at 1-800-686-7826 (toll free) from eight a.m. to five p.m. weekdays, or at www.puco.ohio.gov. Hearing or speech impaired customers may contact the PUCO via 7-1-1 (Ohio relay service). The Ohio consumers’ counsel (OCC) represents residential utility customers in matters before the PUCO. The OCC can be contacted at 1-877-742-5622 (toll free) from eight a.m. to five p.m. weekdays, or at www.pickocc.org.
7. Length of Agreement (Term) –You will buy Your natural gas service from Bolt Energy on the next regularly scheduled meter reading date available and will continue to do so for the Initial Term, with the exception of a new meter installation or special meter reading date. This Agreement shall commence as of the date Customer’s notice regarding the changes of your provider to us is deemed effective by the LDC, and shall continue for 12 months thereafter (the “Initial Term”). Upon completion of the Initial Term, this Agreement will automatically renew on a month-to-month basis at the same terms, unless we send you written notice of proposed changes to such terms in advance of the renewal date (the “Renewal Term”). Any such written notice will be sent at least 30 days and no more than 60 days prior to the renewal date, advising you of any proposed changes in the terms and conditions of this Agreement and of your right renew, terminate or renegotiate this Agreement.
8. Information Release and Authorization-By accepting this contract, you authorize Bolt Energy to obtain information from the utility through the term including, but not limited to, account name, account number, billing address, service characteristics of natural gas service, and when changes under this Agreement are included on Your utility bill or other billing and payment information from the utility. You authorize Bolt Energy to release such information to third parties who need to use or be aware of such information in connection with Your natural gas service. These authorizations shall remain in effect as long as this agreement (including any renewal) is in effect. Your Social Security number and account information will not be released without your express written consent. You may rescind these authorizations at any time by either calling Bolt Energy or providing written notice to Bolt Energy using the contact information provided below. You may not assign its interests in and delegate its obligations under this Agreement without our express written consent. We may sell, transfer, pledge, or assign the accounts, revenues, or proceeds hereof, in connection with any financing agreement and may assign this Agreement to another energy supplier, energy services company or other entity. Due to a change in market conditions, if Bolt wishes to lower the price charged to the customer under an existing contract, it may do so without consent provided there are no other changes to the terms and conditions to the contract.
9. Contact Information – Information regarding Bolt Energy’s historical billing data is available upon request using the contact information provided below. Residential customers and small commercial customers are entitled to receive 24 months of payment history at no charge.
Bolt Energy LLC.
75 Lake Road Suite 215 Congers, N.Y.10920
(Monday through Friday 8am to 5 pm Eastern)
OH CRNGS Certificate #: 18-669G